Spacing between these plants

I have acquired the below plants hoping to grow them in my front garden borders.  Being a newbie I am not quite sure the distance between these plants. Did some search and they all appear to be large bush plants.

Could some one suggest the spacing needed between these plants?

Shrub - Euonymus Emerald n Gold = 100cm max
Shrub - Hydrangea (large bush)
Shrub - Cornus Flaviramea (large)
Shrub - Hypericum (large)
Shrub - Forsythia (large bush)
Shrub - Pieris Japonica (large)
Shrub - Berberis Thornless (large)
Shrub - Lonicera Baggensen Gold (large)
Shrub - Skimmia Japonica (large)

Here is the front view of the garden from upstairs. Roughly 15 feet on each side facing the road and about 15 feet on the side.

imageimage

I also received some HEBE I guess these are small plants.

Hebe - Youngii - 20cm
Hebe - Silver Anniversery 50cm x 75cm (w)
Hebe - Golden Showers
Hebe - Bronze Shades
Hebe - Green Globe = 30cm x 75cm
Hebe - Ritt = 30 x 50
Hebe - Red Edge = 50
Hebe - Pimeleoides = 30
Hebe - Ochracea = 50
Hebe - Variegata = 50

Last edited: 13 August 2016 13:53:28

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 24,682

Your big ones I would tend to think of 1m distance between the main stems and for the smaller ones 0.5m between the stems. This will give you thick hedges but you can trim them if they get a bit unruly.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 24,682

On reflection you are dead right Verdun. I was trying to get my head around the huge number of shrubs Bala has purchased and attempting to visualise what sort of 'look' Bala wants.

Hi Bala do tell us what your plan is for all these shrubs image

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • BalaBala Posts: 77

@Ladybird4...to be honest I don't know.  My wife was leaning more towards a drive way but I wasn't keen on pouring more concrete and bricks.  So I promised her a good looking garden (albeit not knowing anything...lol...but I was convinced that a little promise to help environment will add to my good karma...lol).  

The idea is to kind of grow something like a hedge with a grand plan to prune them every year to keep its height to a sufficient level (like 3-4 feet)

I am happy to take as many back.  Which ones would you recommend?  If none, then I am happy to plant them in my back garden rather than front.

Thank you!