Forum home Wildlife gardening

SLUGS

pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 21,185
Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.

• B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 24,023

Melania sounds like some kind of affliction. Hope she likes the shoes.

If anyone wants to have a slug hunt in my garden once a week, they're more than welcome!

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Bee witchedBee witched Scottish BordersPosts: 1,095

Hi Pansyface,

I'm up for the idea of collecting slugs for a cash payment ...... "this time next year we'll be millionaires Rodney!"

Bee x

Bees must gather nectar from two million flowers to make one pound of honey   
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 21,185

WHY CAN'T OUR POLITICAL PARTIES COME UP WITH MORE INTERESTING THINGS IN THEIR MANIFESTOS?

• WonkyWombleWonkyWomble SuffolkPosts: 4,304

Found a couple if these "killer slugs" in my garden the other night, killed them by stomping....not in flip flops Hazel! image they were monsters! image think there's an invasion army of slugs in my garden and I'm feeling a bit outnumbered! If anyone fancies popping over for a hunting spree, your all welcome...enough slugs for all!

Last edited: 06 August 2016 10:28:57

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 21,185

HAS ANYONE EVER TRIED AN AIR RIFLE ON THEM?

• B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 24,023

YOU COULD HOLD THE BARREL END AND WHACK THEM WITH THE BUTT. THUS SAVING ON PELLETS. THINKING OF PELLETS, IT WOULD BE QUITE SATISFYING TO SHOOT SLUG PELLETS AT THEM

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • WonkyWombleWonkyWomble SuffolkPosts: 4,304

Might make up a party game for the BBQ later Pansy, use leftover kebab spears for a target practice slug lancing! image

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 48,965

I don't know.... they come here, they take our slugs' jobs, eat our slugs' plants....image image

I used to lob them over my garage into a neighbour's garden at my house round the corner. He was a lazy ***** and the place was a midden. Should have felt guilty...but I didn't. image

If my aim was poor, they got stuck on the roughcast....image

Snails were easier - didn't stick to your hand...

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....