Garden presenter

Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 2,447

Can anyone remember the name of the female garden presenter, think it was before Charlie Dimmock, its driiving OH and I mad, she had bright orange hair, an awful lot of teeth, and was obsessed with Wa' er features, she had a very disinct accent not sure if it was Irish or West Country?

• Pete8Pete8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 3,659

From Wiki  -

Lead presenters have included:

Ken Burras (1968 – 1969) [4]Percy Thrower (1969 – 1976)Arthur Billitt (1976 – 1979)Geoff Hamilton (1979 – 1996)Geoffrey Smith (1980 – 1982)Alan Titchmarsh (1996 – 2002)Monty Don (2003 – 2008)Toby Buckland (2008 – 2010)Monty Don (2011 –)Co-presenters[edit]

Co-presenters have included: Alys FowlerChris BainesChris Beardshaw, Mary Spiller, Liz Rigby, Diarmuid GavinClay JonesStefan BuczackiChristine WalkdenSarah RavenGay SearchAnne SwithinbankNigel ColbornGeoffrey SmithRoy LancasterPeter SeabrookJoe Swift, Ali Ward, Pippa GreenwoodRachel De Thame, <a href="https://en.wikipedi

There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

Nanny, are you sure it wasn't a younger Charlie Dimmock?  She certainly fits the description you have given.... red hair, and on the prog with Alan and Tommy in the late 90's - Groundforce - she did all the water features.....?

Last edited: 30 July 2016 17:50:43

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,223

Could be right Panda.  image

There was also Anne McKevitt on design shows but not gardening and she had a lot of teeth and the worst accent on TV but she was Scottish...and before you all start I love Scottish accents but hers was shocking!

Her bag was "fake fur faaabrick"

Last edited: 30 July 2016 17:59:51

She had her good points image

There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 19,161

Settle!!!!

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 19,161

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 2,447

Thats it Ann McKevitt, thanks guys you have saved our sanity! Its been bugging us for weeks.I didnt think it was a gardening show, more on the lines of that awful thing with Carol Smylie when they ruined their neighbours homes, I also love scottish accents, VERY sexy,  and after over 40 years working in the NHS, folk compliment me on my ability to know where they came from, but I couldnt place hers.

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 2,447

plant pauper Charlie was obviously "chilly" in that photo!!!

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,223

I can usually place accents to within a few miles but hers was outrageous! My pal, who is Scottish, swore it wasn't even Scottish!!!