Plant ID app

A friend just sent me the info on this, looks like it could be quite good and pretty useful?

The more people who start using it and adding information - the more powerful it will be 

Its called Plantnet

http://m.plantnet-project.org

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 23,569

I did look at one of these apps after having been told about it. I can't remember if it was this one but I did find out that they would allow one free search and then you had to pay so I kicked that one in touch. To be honest I am quite happy not having the app but this one might be brilliant. I shall await feedback.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 25,882

I like the discussion that plant ID threads bring. If you used an app, you'd get an answer (right or wrong) but how would you know if it was really right or just something similar?

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 23,569

Hear hear!

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 53,126

Anything like that is only going to be as good as the people who contribute the information - I've already seen one photo that looks wrong for the name of the plant, and there are typos too - not impressed.  

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Ladybird - I think I tried the same one before, too. And it took them about two weeks to give me an answer!! I think I'll give this a go for when I'm out and about and don't have the time to write up a new ID post. 

nut cutlet - maybe google the name in the answer to double check it is correct?

Dove - yeah it could end up being rubbish if it doesn't get much of a distribution. I thought it might be worth a go though.