Forum home Problem solving

Sirus aria lutescens problem

Can anyone tell me what is causing this to my tree.

Last edited: 29 July 2016 11:03:40

• It's been an odd year for them, for some reason and the recent hot spell seems to have been the cause of the leaves browning off. If that's a fairly new planting, then I suspect dryness at the roots is the problem, so, if you're on free draining soil, put a couple of buckets of water on it. 

H-C

• Hortum-cretae says:

It's been an odd year for them, for some reason and the recent hot spell seems to have been the cause of the leaves browning off. If that's a fairly new planting, then I suspect dryness at the roots is the problem, so, if you're on free draining soil, put a couple of buckets of water on it. 

H-C

See original post

Thanks I will do that to see if it helps I have also sprayed with a bug Provado hope it will be ok.

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

I went and looked at mine,  just Sorbus aria, not a cultivar. One is in the same state as yours, I mowed more leaves than grass later on. The other 2 are fine.

It's not a disease or an infestation and I wouldn't consider using something that kills indiscriminately in my garden. Everyone to his own choices but you might like to think about what a 'bug' is and which beneficial 'bugs' are now dead