Forum home Tools and techniques
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Sack trolley garden trolley

Im struggling to move garden compost bags in the wheelbarrow (the initial lift over the edge), so i am thinking a sack trolley? Also have a heavy sink and some boulders to move, so something heavy duty, but not sure about these ones that convert to upright or flat? 

Any recommendations for product please?

• a1154a1154 Posts: 1,108

Sorry meant to say, my search facility is not working, so apologies if this has already been covered. 

• I've got a Hammerlin 924P (just gone to look at it, I didn't remember that, not that sad!). It's got good sized wheels, solid tyres and is strong - carries 200kg I think. Certainly been fine for all I've wanted it for in the garden centre.  If you want pneumatic tyres they're a comfier ride, but prone to getting punctures and then they're a pain!

H-C

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,904

I bought a convertable one in BnQ years ago and it's been great. Like everything else you get what you pay for so go for a mid range, slightly heavier duty job as the wee gitchy ones will buckle under not very much weight. I tend to go for the heaviest thing I can lift easily as generally these things end up in the back of my car to help at someone else's house. image Rule of thumb, if I can lift it in one hand it's too light, if my face turns purple, it's too heavy. image

• hogweedhogweed Posts: 4,053

I have one very similar to the above but with solid tyres. Does the job. Also have a convertible one which I never use.

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 9,012

I've got one made by Black & Decker. Converts from sack truck to trolley. Had mine years but don't know if it's still available.

• a1154a1154 Posts: 1,108

Really useful thanks.  Im going mid range, high max weight, but not one that converts.  Its probably my own prejudice but i prefer something to do one job well, not 2 jobs adequately.