Unidentified Plant

Hi, I'm new to the site and I have come to ask if anyone identify the plant in the photograph. The plant was in my front garden when I bought the house over 40 years ago, it was nothing special and was barely noticeable among many other plants. It has never really grown any larger than it is now and has never multiplied in any way. Last year I moved the plant to the back garden and placed it in a pot and have given it an occasional feed. This year it appears to be getting more dense and the leaves look healthier and indeed it repaid me with a show of the most beautiful of flowers. The leaves are of a fronded type of leaf and the stalk is approximately 250/300 mm high. it flowered from the beginning of June for approximately 6 weeks, can anyone suggest a name for it. I have asked a few gardening experts but no one appears to know what it is.

imageimage

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 47,773

Hello Peter and welcome aboard image

We can't see the photo - can you upload it by clicking on the camera icon - if that doesn't work let us know - the forum has a few bugs at the moment, but there are ways of working around them.  

"...tea and toasted buttered currant buns, can't compensate for lack of sun because the summer's all gone..."   Autumn Almanac - Ray Davies
  • Peter273Peter273 Posts: 3

imageimage

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 25,056

Filipendula vulgaris, dropwort. 

• Peter273Peter273 Posts: 3

Dear nutcutlet, thanks ever so much it certainly fits all the clues which I've just checked on Wikipedia and I'll be following the tips suggested.

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 25,056

it's a wild plant, related to Meadowsweet but likes dry conditions.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 47,773

Yes, I agree with Nutcutlet  it's Filipendual vulgaris aka Dropwort  - a wild plant, but a pretty one. image

"...tea and toasted buttered currant buns, can't compensate for lack of sun because the summer's all gone..."   Autumn Almanac - Ray Davies