Cornwall gardens

Hi, we're on our now annual holiday in Cornwall. We usually go to the Lost Gardens of Helligan on one day but looking at the 2for1 website there are a lot of gardens near St Austell. We've already been to the Eden Project and the Duchy of Cornwall nursery. Any recommendations for other gardens near here? Thank you 

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 19,140

Depending where you are in Cornwall, you could always just nip over the border into Devon and visit the RHS garden, Rosemoor. I highly recommend it

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • JulieH3JulieH3 Posts: 85

Thanks Ladybird. We're in Lostwithiel, near St Austell. I limed the sound of Rosewood (never having been to an RHS garden)  but at just under an hour and a half to get there that is too much for hubby ' just to see a garden '. It's an idea I'm sorting for the journey back north though   

Where there's a will - or a cunning female - there is a way! image

• treehugger80treehugger80 Posts: 1,526

Trebah has been recommended for my honeymoon in September

We're giving Moyclare a try for a start. I'll let you all know how we get on. thank you   

Excuse me Verdun but are you just trying to make us poor souls oop North jealous with your sub-tropical  clime and verdant gardens????? Got news for you - its working! image

Couldn't make out if that is a little jealous emoticon or one about to be sick. Just to clear things up I am using it as a green jealous one!

Hmm confession to hubby. I don't check opening times   not open yet oops. Ken Caro seems close.