Forum home The potting shed

My neighbours must think I'm nuts!

I've only just come in from gardening. image baby asleep and the rain had stopped. I couldn't miss the opportunity! It was too dark to take pictures in the end but I shall take some tomorow to show you my work. image

• Lou12Lou12 Posts: 1,149

So long as you weren't digging a large grave shaped hole then I expect they are not worried image

• Laura don't worry, you're not alone! With a 9-month-old, the ONLY time for me to garden is at night!! 

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,143

I often did that too when mine were little, although it was often far too chilly in late spring to be out after about nine. Annoying when it was nice and light! Good for getting peace to put plants in or prune and tidy. 

Mind you , the women along the road from me thinks it's acceptable to mow her grass at half ten at night.....image

Whatever happened to common sense and consideration....image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 17,485

LOU image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 3,187

Your not alone Laura, working all day I get in the garden and don't leave until past dark! Sometimes I remember to feed hubby at about 10pm, but then I point out the alternative of doing it himself and all of a sudden, time isn't a problem! imageimage 

Gardens are a great place for a bit of me time and I known mother's of young children don't get a heck of a lot of that!

• AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 3,720

All for it LT2! Good potential for slug-zapping too!

Late night mowing is almost as bad as early morning power-tool noise Fairygirl! When I used to work nights I was grumpy if I heard a weed being pulled up when I was trying to kip during the day! 

My garden and I live in South Wales. 

Hope you are not near a flight path Doghouse?! Looks great though.

Love a warm evening in the garden (not keen on the bats around mind!)

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,535

My daughter was born in the heat wave of 1976. I used to take her for walks in her pram in the late evening and as the sun came up in the mornings. During the day we both dozed in a shady room with all the windows open. As autum came i picked lots of mushrooms on our early morning walks. 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Warm evenings and fond memories are so often entwined. Your story could be the opening from a novel Dovefromabove. 

Last edited: 25 July 2016 23:09:11

• Lou12Lou12 Posts: 1,149

Those lights are so lovely. Now I've seen them I need more lights image