Forum home The potting shed

Trampolines

Lou12Lou12 Posts: 1,149

The main garden feature round here seems to be trampoline with small caged animals bouncing around inside and occasionally one of my cats when next doors kids are not in.

The cats seem totally enamoured with it.

Personally I hate them. I wonder how much more expensive sunken trampolines are - any idea?

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 17,485

ONES WITH A BIG LID THAT FLAPS DOWN OVER THE TOP?

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,143

I agree with you Lou. I think they should require planning permission if they're within a certain distance from boundaries. After all - they don't sit on them, so they're very intrusive. image

I think if  anyone's capable of digging out the hole themselves, it shouldn't be too pricey. Don't know if the hole would need a sturdy lining though - concrete perhaps. Otherwise, it may subside. I expect you need a layer of something 'spongey' underneath too -sand/bark perhaps?

I used to have a friend who's house had a very steep garden which was terraced. They had a deck at the back and the trampoline was fixed into it. I expect tthere was just air under it!  No idea what it cost though.

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

Is the trampoline to keep the cat fit and happy? image

SW Scotland
  • Lou12Lou12 Posts: 1,149

Hahaha,the cat just seems to love sitting on it for some reason, must be like a giant bed image

I did laugh at that pansyface image

They should definitely have planning permission fairygirl, during the last week I've seen every child in the street being propelled upwards!!!