Is it just me?

Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,502

Or does everyone watering the garden stand with one hand on their hip?!!

????

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICTPosts: 12,661

NO - AFTER UNCOUNTABLE TRIPS AND STUMBLES I HAVE LEARNED TO KEEP MY OTHER HAND FIRMLY ATTACHED TO THE HOSEPIPE.image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Lou12Lou12 Posts: 1,151

I water with one hand on the hose and the other on a glass of wine, it doesn't do anything for my balance though image

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 13,808

I have collected most of my "nursery" pots together and use a sprinkler so I can have a glass of wine or cook dinner in peace.   Display pots get one hand on teh hose and one hand either weeding the pot or holding back foliage for easier access or dead heading or picking a nearby alpine strawberry depending on where and what they are.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,639
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Pink lilyPink lily Posts: 174

the dog takes full advantage of me standing around when im watering the garden and follows me about getting his ears scratched and occasionally drinking from the hose, so both hands always busy image

• Flora rosaFlora rosa Posts: 260

I'm with lou  haha , but if I haven't got a glass of wine then yes , funnily enough it does tend to be held on my hip image