What plant is this?

cairnsiecairnsie Posts: 389

This plant started growing over the gravel of my parents driveway from an ajoining property. It seems to be spread via rhizomes. It's brittle plant a bit like Livingstone daisy and it gets orange flowers on it. It's very low No higher than 10cm with flowers on. Any ideas what it is as I have stolen a bit for my garden.

• BerghillBerghill Posts: 2,851

You need to either make that into a link or post the image direct using the Camera icon at the top right of the page.

• ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 1,954

The bristly leaves and orange colour suggest Hieracium auriantiacum, the orange hawkweed, also known as Devil's paintbrush and Fox and cubs. It can go quite a bit taller than 10cm if the conditions permit. I have it and like it but it can spread and annoys some peopleimage

• cairnsiecairnsie Posts: 389

Thanks That's brilliant sorry I didn't post a proper link but I had a bit of a building nightmare and was sorting that when I got home as I originally posted from my mobile and it would not let me link the photo.

Last edited: 26 July 2016 21:30:16

On looking at the plant which it definitely is it looks a little invasive I don't think ill be planting it.

On looking at the plant which it definitely is, it looks a little invasive I don't think ill be planting it.

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 24,405

a little invasive is a bit of an understatementimage

pretty though if you have the space for it.