Forum home Tools and techniques

Propagating Hosta Cuttings

I have just watched an episode from the 13th July this year where some chap was taking cutting from small Hosta plants and putting them in a water spray system. Does anyone know what that particular machine is called?

Thanks in Advance



  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,557

    It's a hydropod cuttings propagator. image

    If you Google that you'll come up with some retailers. You could also have a look under hydroponics propagation for similar systems.

    The one shown on GW certainly seemed very effective for hostas and I can think of several other plants that would probably do well - basil for one.

    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
Sign In or Register to comment.