Forum home Tools and techniques

My grubby hands

13»

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 10,295

Used to use a Crabtree and Evelyn gardeners cleanser - but they stopped making it.  Will definitely try the occitane version - thanks Yvieimage

• BreatheBreathe Posts: 114

I'll investigate L'occitane and the drop of bleach might be doable.

• Anne17Anne17 Posts: 98

A friend on mine always recommended making bread as a way of getting your hands really clean...??

• PosyPosy Isle of Wight.Posts: 3,601

You're right, Anne. Pastry will do it too. Slice of pie anyone.....?

• michael mpcmichael mpc Posts: 422

hi all when I say I wear gloves to prick out the toms and pot on plants I have allways used surgical gloves that I get from super drug  for animals   and after that cloth ones for rest      and by the way I have soft hands  when I worked in steel works and foundry   gloves  make your hand nice and soft   imageimage  Michael

• BreatheBreathe Posts: 114

Here to report I tried 3 tips all together and my nails look better. I bought Crabtree and eve line gardeners hand creme- it's nice but doesn't feel dewey  after- just, not dry and hurty!

I put moisturiser under the nails before I put my gardening gloves on , also hand soap- I scraped my nails across damp soap all angles. There WAS dirt under but it pulled out easily and my nails have never looked so clean at the tips!