Forum home Tools and techniques

My grubby hands

• Verdun are deliberately taking the pi*'s? image

• DyersEndDyersEnd Posts: 730

Because you're worth it Verdun image

• YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 6,895

I treat myself to LOccitane hand scrub, it smells really yummy and removes all the ingrained dirt as well as leaving your hands really soft.  It's a bit on the pricey side but lasts ages and worth every penny.  Makes a great pressie so add it to your lists.

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,143

Love L'Occitane stuff but I hadn't discovered the hand scrub - thanks Yvie - apart from some for me, it looks like a jolly good 'stocking filler' for some people I know image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 4,768

Funny from Verdun!

Dave Morgan - the soap under nails trick was also used by nurses in the times before disposable gloves (! leave that with you!)

Garden soil,ponds etc. harbour awful amounts of bacteria - some quite difficult to treat with antibiotics if an infection sets in. Wearing gloves is recommended... but we dont tend too.

The almost-never-really-clean hands of a gardener is like a badge of honour! 

My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

There was a chap on the Antiques Road Show who always had some ingrained dirt in his fingers.  He should have followed Verdun's routine image

SW Scotland
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 48,972

Yeh - tea tree's mainly used for plooks on teenagers DHR. Is there something you're not sharing with us? image

I find making bread after gardening gets my hands clean...image

I never remember to do the soap under fingernails before going out. Hate wearing gloves too. I start out with good intentions but they come off after a few minutes. It's only then that I realise I need to bring in a washing...usually a  white one...image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,234

FG I knew someone who worked in a canning factory when she was at University. Not only were her hands spotless but her nail polish was removed too. She's never eaten caned fruit!!! image