Forum home The potting shed

Please sign the petition

KT53KT53 GloucestershirePosts: 7,556

Just got home from dropping the missus off to work and got soaked getting from the car into the house.  It's all of 15 yards.

I'm sick of this rotten weather.  I need to get the garden sorted for when we go away at the weekend but there's no chance.

I WANT SUMMER WEATHER image

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 35,518

Hear hear! Garden more like a swamp than a garden

imageLess of this and more of

imagethis please

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 9,873

Where do I sign? :)

TBH - here in essex, we've had no rain in weeks. I've got summer bedding wilting and dying as the soil is like concrete, and shrubs loosing leaves also due to drought.
    Not as if we've had much summer weather - just cloud and wind

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • KT53KT53 GloucestershirePosts: 7,556

Here in not-so-glorious Gloucestershire it is really getting depressing.  We'll get a couple of days where things get promising and then down it comes again.  At least I don't need to water new plants quite so much!

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 35,518

Here near Manchester with its legendary rainfall it is living up to that legend and some more! Enough is enough. Weeds seem to love it and are rapidly gaining control. Grrrrr!

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Sophie17Sophie17 Posts: 342

It's nasty here in east anglia! No rain yesterday but washed my heavy feather duvet and hung out yesterday To dry in the breeze.... Ended up having to go ask the farmer for it back as it had snapped all the storm pegs and blown into his field!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,270

image  I'm in East Anglia and I'm not moaning really (sorry) ... it's warm so things are growing, and we're getting a bit more rain than usual so I'm not having to use the hose as the waterbutts are continually being topped up ... we've got more slugs than usual image  but the nematodes are arriving today ......... 

And I got loads of washing dry yesterday image

Last edited: 12 July 2016 09:09:48

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• StevedaylillyStevedaylilly Posts: 1,087

Birmngham calling and it wet and windy with low cloud and minimal sun that level out to no sun

Bur on a positive as my lawn as never looked so good image

• B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 24,081

A slug convention on my lawn . Apparently  there is a length restriction. Only slugs over 4" allowedimage

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,234

Our rain went off for two hours yesterday and today it hasn't rained since just after one!!!! image We're having a dry spell!!!  image image

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,663
    The user and all related content has been deleted.