Forum home The potting shed

PRIVATE MESSAGES

pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 21,255

SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T ACCEPT PMS HAS JUST SENT ME A PM I AM TOLD. I RECEIVED AN EMAIL TEN MINUTES AGO TO SAY THAT I HAD A MESSAGE BUT WHEN I WENT TO LOOK AT MY MESSAGES THERE WAS NOBODY THERE!image

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD A PROBLEM LIKE THIS?

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,279

Did you go into your messages via your Avatar in the top right hand corner?  

If you go to them via the email you get a blank page and you have to click on your avatar and the drop down menu to see them. 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• NoraWNoraW Posts: 393

Hello pansyface, can you forward the email you received to [email protected] and I'll take a look?

• NoraWNoraW Posts: 393

Oh and yes Dove's right, the 'routing' in notification emails is off, so the links aren't currently working (except for thread replies). You'll need to click your avatar to check messages.

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 21,255

HELLO DOVE, YES THANKS.

THE ONLY WAY I HAVE EVER BEEN ABLE TO SEE PMS IS IF I CLICK ON THE AVATAR AND THE DROP DOWN MENU.

I DIDN'T KNOW THAT THERE WAS ANOTHER WAY.image 

BUT IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY.

WILL FORWARD THE EMAIL TO NORA.

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,234

I was instructed the other day about new ways and old ways PF. image Whatever happened to "push all the buttons till it works"? Worked a treat for years!

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 21,255

I'M A GREAT BELIEVER IN "TURN IT OFF AND TURN IT ON AGAIN"?

OR EVEN JUST TURN IT OFF AND GET ON WITH SOMETHING MORE TRACTABLE.