Daily wildlife moments

• Gillian53Gillian53 Posts: 112

Just acquired an allotment on an 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 51,379

It's hot here so all the windows and doors are open - we keep getting visited by a large male Southern Hawker dragonfly - it flies through the door and into our open plan living space - it's already been in three times this afternoon and apart from sitting on the furniture and my lap it has tried to mate with a computer cable ... the mind boggles image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ZenjeffZenjeff Newcastle Upon Tyne Posts: 517

Wow it's been hot today

wait your turn boys the waters lovely

imageimage

• ecokidecokid Posts: 138

Haha amusing pictures Jeff! Woodies never like to share anything... image

Dove: There have been so many darting around the garden, which has been delightful - saw this on my oregano and managed to take a quick snap before it flew off. If anyone it good at butterflies, could you let me know what it is? 

imageimage

• ShepsSheps Posts: 796

Your Butterfly is a Gatekeeper, ecokid image

Sheps...image

• ZenjeffZenjeff Newcastle Upon Tyne Posts: 517

Baby Jackdaw being fed

• BLTBLT Posts: 523

Great pics, I certainly cannot compete.. I just rescued a butterfly trapped in the shading in my green house.... I think it was a Cabbage White, it better not repay me by laying eggs and the offspring scoffing my cabbage...image

• ecokidecokid Posts: 138
    Sheps says:

Your Butterfly is a Gatekeeper, ecokid image

Sheps...image

See original post

Thanks Sheps - such a great name for a butterfly. It has something of the fantastical about it!

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 14,346

Having got used to the moles, voles, field mice and squirrels for over 40 years, rabbits have made an appearance in the neighbourhood. I saw one in the garden yesterday and today I discovered the trailing lobelia round pots has all been eaten  at rabbit chewing level.  I guess I'm going to be on a learning curve of what rabbits enjoy eating.

SW Scotland
  • steephillsteephill Posts: 719

Some of this week's highlights from the garden.

This Jay has been hammering away at the peanut feeder every day this week.

Didn't manage to get focus on this nervous fox.

Heard some rustling and munching under the trees, then saw the culprit.

The garden is also full of slow worms, so much so that I daren't get the mower or strimmer out for any of the wilder areas. Well, that's my excuse image. Seriously though we have dozens of them of all sizes. They are mainly asleep in the compost bins so will try to get some shots of them to share.