Daily wildlife moments

• So exciting isn't it Zenjeff, she/he looks to be a fairly mature frog too. We love our tiny pond, dragon flies, birds drinking, frogs, newts, water snails, water boatmen and a whole host of smaller insects live in or around our pond.

• The hopeful herpetologistThe hopeful herpetologist West YorksPosts: 403

It's so exciting to get your first frog visit to a new pond. It took me 2 years to get my first amphibian vsitor and was beginning to worry that my pond building skills weren't up to scratch and then...voila! A gorgeous adult female turns up. It was such a big deal for me. (Sad I know). Now, 4 years later, I've got an amphibian hat trick going on (toads, newts and frogs),

• 1Runnybeak11Runnybeak1 Posts: 8,120

PS.  You have a PM image

no photo but I caught a grasshopper in my hand this morning to show oh.   I know, I know, I'm like lightening.  Beautiful thing up close for the 2 seconds it stayed on my hand.    

What a nice liitle thread. image

Last edited: 14 July 2016 21:51:07

• LeadFarmerLeadFarmer Posts: 855

Recently started getting a Bullfinch in my garden, here he is on my feeder with some Greenfinches..

• What a great picture LeadFarmer, you are lucky to have so many bird visitors at one time and a really neat bird feeder too.

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 23,648

Fantastic LF - greenies and a bullfinch. I'm very jealous  image

Used to get lots of greenfinches round here but they're non existent now  image

Rarely see bullfinches, although we had a pair regularly visiting at the last house and I often see them when walking. There are some around but they have an NT garden close at hand so there's plenty of habitat for them there  image

And somewhere on the hill
    Inside the past we hear the bells
    Catching only parts of thoughts
    And fragments of ourselves
    Till we begin
    Again

• ecokidecokid Posts: 138

Fantastic contributions so far. I'd love to  get amphibians to my new pond, but I live sandwiched between two roads with very closed off gardens so will be amazed if I ever do! Quit a quiet week for me so far, but i did manage to find a large emerald moth resting on my dwarf beans during the heat of the day - sadly camera needing charging and it had gone by the time it had.

Bullfinches are wonderful birds - there colouration rivals robins. I hope it sticks around for you leadfarmer.

• philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 6,857

Young Goldie having a doze until I woke him up image

• ShepsSheps Posts: 824

The shot is a few years old now, so not sure if it belongs in this thread?

A small frog I found on my checks before going around with the dreaded Strimmer.

He was a lucky little fella image

Sheps...image

Last edited: 17 July 2016 17:56:29

• ShepsSheps Posts: 824

It's all down to my magnetic personality, aym...image

Sheps...image