Daily wildlife moments

• So exciting isn't it Zenjeff, she/he looks to be a fairly mature frog too. We love our tiny pond, dragon flies, birds drinking, frogs, newts, water snails, water boatmen and a whole host of smaller insects live in or around our pond.

• The_herpetologistThe_herpetologist West YorksPosts: 433

It's so exciting to get your first frog visit to a new pond. It took me 2 years to get my first amphibian vsitor and was beginning to worry that my pond building skills weren't up to scratch and then...voila! A gorgeous adult female turns up. It was such a big deal for me. (Sad I know). Now, 4 years later, I've got an amphibian hat trick going on (toads, newts and frogs),

• 1Runnybeak11Runnybeak1 Posts: 8,419

PS.  You have a PM image

no photo but I caught a grasshopper in my hand this morning to show oh.   I know, I know, I'm like lightening.  Beautiful thing up close for the 2 seconds it stayed on my hand.    

What a nice liitle thread. image

Last edited: 14 July 2016 21:51:07

• LeadFarmerLeadFarmer Posts: 850

Recently started getting a Bullfinch in my garden, here he is on my feeder with some Greenfinches..

• What a great picture LeadFarmer, you are lucky to have so many bird visitors at one time and a really neat bird feeder too.

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 25,820

Fantastic LF - greenies and a bullfinch. I'm very jealous  image

Used to get lots of greenfinches round here but they're non existent now  image

Rarely see bullfinches, although we had a pair regularly visiting at the last house and I often see them when walking. There are some around but they have an NT garden close at hand so there's plenty of habitat for them there  image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• ecokidecokid Posts: 138

Fantastic contributions so far. I'd love to  get amphibians to my new pond, but I live sandwiched between two roads with very closed off gardens so will be amazed if I ever do! Quit a quiet week for me so far, but i did manage to find a large emerald moth resting on my dwarf beans during the heat of the day - sadly camera needing charging and it had gone by the time it had.

Bullfinches are wonderful birds - there colouration rivals robins. I hope it sticks around for you leadfarmer.

• philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 7,312

Young Goldie having a doze until I woke him up image

• ShepsSheps Posts: 828

The shot is a few years old now, so not sure if it belongs in this thread?

A small frog I found on my checks before going around with the dreaded Strimmer.

He was a lucky little fella image

Sheps...image

Last edited: 17 July 2016 17:56:29

• ShepsSheps Posts: 828

It's all down to my magnetic personality, aym...image

Sheps...image