Forum home The potting shed

Thanks

Lou12Lou12 Posts: 1,149

I'd like to say thank you to everyone on here for helping me keep my sanity. When politics, facebook, life is raging on out there this is always a place where you can escape and talk to lovely people, ask advice and look at pics of beautiful gardens.

Long may it be so.

Thank you everyone.

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 35,477

You are most welcome Lou12.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 21,184

."BEING THERE" IS ONE OF MY FAVOURITE FILMS.

President "Bobby": Mr. Gardner, do you agree with Ben, or do you think that we can stimulate growth through temporary incentives? 

[Long pause]

Chance the Gardener: As long as the roots are not severed, all is well. And all will be well in the garden. 

President "Bobby": In the garden. 

Chance the Gardener: Yes. In the garden, growth has it seasons. First comes spring and summer, but then we have fall and winter. And then we get spring and summer again. 

President "Bobby": Spring and summer. 

Chance the Gardener: Yes. 

President "Bobby": Then fall and winter. 

Chance the Gardener: Yes. 

Benjamin Rand: I think what our insightful young friend is saying is that we welcome the inevitable seasons of nature, but we're upset by the seasons of our economy. 

Chance the Gardener: Yes! There will be growth in the spring! 

Benjamin Rand: Hmm! 

Chance the Gardener: Hmm! 

President "Bobby": Hm. Well, Mr. Gardner, I must admit that is one of the most refreshing and optimistic statements I've heard in a very, very long time. 

[Benjamin Rand applauds]

President "Bobby": I admire your good, solid sense. That's precisely what we lack on Capitol Hill. 

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Lou12Lou12 Posts: 1,149

haha excellent image

• B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 24,023

I agree entirely with you, Lou. You get a much better class of person on this siteimage

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Lou12Lou12 Posts: 1,149

Definitely B3 image