No 2 image

No 3 image and close up image

No 4 image

Sorry they're upside down!

• Lena NLena N Posts: 189

No 6 image

No 7 

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 20,550

3/4 LOOKS LIKE A BAY LAUREL. HAVE YOU SNIFFED THE LEAVES? DO THEY SMELL NICE?

6/7 LOOKS LIKE A PHLOX.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,567

1 looks like an aucuba

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 16,159

5 Bamboo

7 Phlox.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 7,572

Could 2 be sophora?

Or - if it has thorns - rosa moyesii??

"The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore

Wow, you guys are amazing! Thank you image

Yes Liriodendron, No 2 has thorns. I hope it is a rose.

I have some more to follow- for some reason the pictures wouldn't upload so I'll try again ...

No. 5 image

No. 7 imageimage

Hi Lena,

No.5 looks like spanish bluebells, foliage dying back for summer;

No.7 could possibly be Hemerocallis dumortieri???  Lovely yellow flowers if so.

"The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore

Sorry, meant to say - if no.2 is a rose, it could conceivably be a different "species" one and not moyesii.  'Canary Bird', for instance, also has a lot of leaflets like that.  image 

Thanks Liriodendron, I love roses so it will be a nice surprise waiting for it to flower image

• soulboysoulboy Posts: 429

No.5, as stated is a bamboo and looks to me as if it could be Fargesia sp. 'Rufa'. If so you're very lucky as it's a lovely plant, growing to about 2 - 2.5 metres. But most importantly it doesn't spread uncontrollably like many other bamboos.