Forum home The potting shed

Forkers Helmingham Hall garden visit

WonkyWombleWonkyWomble SuffolkPosts: 4,307

Lovely day today, plenty of sunshine! Lovely to see everybody, great lunch/ sorbet image and of course, beautiful gardens!

Thanks for a lovely day fellow forkers!

Hosta, thanks for my beautiful plants! image x

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,234

Wow! Thanks WW. Gorgeous gardens. I see they have copied your wall! image

• rosemummyrosemummy Posts: 2,010

wow where is this? have delphinium envy

• WonkyWombleWonkyWomble SuffolkPosts: 4,307

Just what I thought Plantpauper imageimage unfortunately the delphiniums are on the other side of MY wall image my neighbour always has success but mine lose out to slugs and snails every time! image

These pictures are at Helmingham Hall near Ipswich in Suffolk, Rosemummy image

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 28,574

Lovely photos Wonky and a very interesting looking garden.   Not sure I'll ever lust after a knot garden but those mixed borders are gorgeous and so are the roses.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • rosemummyrosemummy Posts: 2,010

why do you all live near nice gardens?! sheffield is a bit rubbish! OK so Chatsworth isn't far, or Hardwick but it's a bit limited! we're not even going to my (real/spiritual) home, Cornwall this year,got mid Wales for a week ( can't find any gardens nearich or way there/back) and north Norfolk, any suggestions where to visit there would be good, next year back to Cornwall ... or Devon ( then one day I'll just announce to my family that we're staying!)

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

Thanks for pics WW. Beautiful gardens. Love the wild flower area and the peachy coloured border image

SW Scotland
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,663
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,255

Great pics Wonky image  Lovely day image  

I've collapsed on the sofa after a takeaway - I'll try to put some photos on tomorrow 

Rosemummy - gardens in North Norfolk?  The old Vicarage at East Ruston

http://www.e-ruston-oldvicaragegardens.co.uk/pages/view/562/gardens.htm 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,869

It was a good trip, I'll see if I've got any photos worth showing.

• TopbirdTopbird Mid SuffolkPosts: 7,588

Well done Wonky - I was too busy nattering to do any proper photos. image

Thanks for a lovely day everyone! image

Rosemummy - definitely East Ruston - even if you need to travel a few miles. The crabs and other sea food at the fishmngers in nearby Happisburgh is worth a detour too image

Last edited: 07 July 2016 21:06:15

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down