Forum home Tools and techniques
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Marker Pens that Work

Can anyone recommend the name of a supplier that sells pens suitable to use on outside seed / plant markers

Thanks 

Everyone is just trying to be Happy.....So lets help Them.

• Sophie17Sophie17 Posts: 342

I always use a sharpie. Does the job for me

• chris 172chris 172 Posts: 403

Hi newboy2

dont bother use pencil it wont come off

Try it and see its cheaper

happy gardening

• TootsietimTootsietim Posts: 178

I currently use a Stabilo write 4 all fine permanent marker.  I used it on a label which I have left in the sun since last May and it still looks okay. It can be removed from a label with white spirit.

• michael mpcmichael mpc Posts: 422

HI ALL PENCILS AS CHRIS SAYS USE PENCIL I USED A NEW MARKER PEN LAST YEAR  AND I PUT ON HERE THAT IT WASHED OF AND DIDNOT HAVE A CLUE WHAT I HAD PLANTED  I NOW USE MARKER IN G/HOUSE   image

• chickychicky Posts: 10,409

Like Sophie, I use sharpies - you can get them in fine nib size tooimage

• Missy KrissyMissy Krissy Posts: 249

Sharpies! They are awesome, we love them in our house!! image

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

Excuse the ignorance but what are sharpies and who sells them?

SW Scotland
  • Missy KrissyMissy Krissy Posts: 249

Hi Joyce, they are basically permenant markers that can be used successfully on different surfaces.  You can get them online (Amazon) in supermarkets and stationers.  image

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

Thanks image

SW Scotland
  • herbaceousherbaceous Posts: 2,318

In a vain attempt to organise myself I bought labels and a marker pen at last year's Hampton Show (its my annual birthday treat from youngest daughter) and the pen they said to get was Artline Garden Marker. The chap said they had tried all sorts and this one was best, don't know yet as domestic issues clobbered gardening last year but will let you know when they have had a full years weathering. So far, very good.

I also love Sharpies and was so pleased to hear they do fine nib Chicky! Never seen them but I will look for them now as the only thing that stopped me using them on labels is I write big and then run out of space!

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."  Sir Terry Pratchett