Forum home The potting shed

Kynren

Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 35,477

Hello everyone. If you live up in the North East of England or in close proximity to Bishop Auckland, and it is your particular interest, then can I recommend you go to see Kynren. I was at its first public performance last night and believe me I cannot find enough superlatives to describe the experience. Every generation was represented in the audience last night and it was an outstanding success. Luckily the weather was kind as Kynren takes place in a vast amphitheatre.

It has to be experienced rather than narrated but in brief it describes the huge contribution of the North East to the history of our nation. Marvellous!

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,663
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 35,477

Hazel, I am positive you won't be disappointed. image

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 35,477

Its on every Saturday until September 17th with two Fridays - July 29 and August 12 and one Sunday August 28.

Starting times vary slightly but all the information is on the website.

http://www.thisisdurham.com/kynren

One tip - if you can get some kind person to give you a lift to the venue then you do not need to get there the three and a half hours early they recommend. 30 minutes will be enough. It is extremely well organised for both car traffic and pedestrians but as they shut the road at 10 it is easy just to walk over the viaduct to meet your kind friend in the town itself for your lift away.