Yippee saved a bee

Found this poor bee sad and dejected on the patio this morning , tis like mid-winter here, freezing and torrential rain. So got it onto a spoon with sugar and water and look at it go ! Recovered and off it's buzzed  

• Flora rosaFlora rosa Posts: 258

struggling to upload picture .....sorry 

• WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 2,872

Well done! I did the same the other day, a bee had got stuck in my greenhouse even though the door was open, moved it from flower to flower until he had had enough and off he flew! The cat was disappointed as he was going to eat it! image

haha yes puddie thought he'd eat this one too .... be off with you cat image

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 27,230

I am so worried about bees getting stuck in my greenhouse that I have bought one of those magnetic closing flyscreens, I do not need anything in there pollinating.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • HeftyHefty Posts: 370

Yay well done you :) makes me happy to know people care 

• Mark56Mark56 Windsor, BerkshirePosts: 1,653

Well done! I always try to do the same if they are looking a little out of energy, also anything I buy from now on will be bee friendly. 

• Have saved loads n loads of bees, they climb on my hand to take honey, syrup etc and never once have I been stung

wow tipsy , not sure I'm brave enough for the hand rescue haha. well done you