Forum home Plants

Worst ever hailstorm

Cambridgerose12Cambridgerose12 Posts: 1,036

This happened to my street in 15 mins from a warm sunny day. Haven't dared go outside yet to see the damage. Hailstones as big as ice cubes. Is everybody else getting this too?

• WonkyWombleWonkyWomble SuffolkPosts: 4,098

Wow! Cambridgerose! I don't want to say no we haven't got it in case I tempt fate! In Suffolk here, some unfriendly clouds about and the cats have been sheltering in the greenhouse from showers image fingers crossed your garden is undamaged!

• Cambridgerose12Cambridgerose12 Posts: 1,036

Thanks Womble...I'm so hoping there won't be too much...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,572

at the other end of Cambridgeshire we had thunder but a tiny amount of rain. I don't know how it all missed us here, and OH on a motorcycle coming back from Cadwell. I've looked at the Met Office radar images, phenomenal showers for many. Might not be too late for us so won't say any more.

• Cambridgerose12Cambridgerose12 Posts: 1,036

I reckon it's aimed at us here in Cambridge for voting Remain ... :)

Had forgotten you were in Cambs too, nutcutlet.

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,572

Only just. I voted in as well but Peterborough ignored me

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,567

Lots of flashes and crashed here and some rain but no hail ..... yet image

We all voted IN over here in Norwich - we're like a little island - think we'll join Scotland and go for independence image

Last edited: 25 June 2016 19:06:49

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 28,086

I hope your garden is OK CRose.   We had a hailstone tornado while I was at Chelsea in 2014.  Came back to fin my rhubarb had been nuked and the hostas shredded.  Still have scars on the bark of shrubs and trees.

I cut them all back to ground level and they all re-grew, including the hostas so don't panic if you do have damage.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 11,337

You're like an island Dove? Look at the tiny 'IN' dot in the middle of the country which is where I am!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/23/leave-or-remain-eu-referendum-results-and-live-maps/

We need to do a Grand Fenwick! image

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • Lou12Lou12 Posts: 1,149

Oh my God, we'd better not get those hailstorms tomorrow when I'm doing the marathon on the South Downs way :-o