Garden sprinkler with lawn feeder

Does anybody know of a simple garden sprinkler with the option to add lawn fertiliser and slowly release it with the water?

I can't seem to find one and its actually something I'm considering setting up so any feedback would be appreciated image

• KT53KT53 Posts: 3,864

What you're talking about sounds like a variation on the Miracle Grow sprayer.  Instead of the spray head it would require a hose adaptor to enable it to be connected to a sprinkler.  My main concern would be that any fertiliser which hadn't been fully dissolved could quickly block the sprinkler holes.

• Thanks for the reply.

Yes that's the idea really except just built in to a more typical sprinkler with the idea of releasing x amount over x time.

That's a good point about the blockage problem, would it not be possible to use a more liquidised version to try and combat this?

• KT53KT53 Posts: 3,864
    Richard Oconnor says:

Thanks for the reply.

Yes that's the idea really except just built in to a more typical sprinkler with the idea of releasing x amount over x time.

That's a good point about the blockage problem, would it not be possible to use a more liquidised version to try and combat this?

See original post

I presume liquid feeds would be available.  The mix rate shouldn't be a problem as some sort of adjustment mechanism could be incorporated.  Timing could be done either by built in countdown timer or using one of the watering timers already on the market which attach to the tap.

• That's fantastic, thanks for that, image

As an open question:

Personally this is something that would be useful for me, is this something other people would find at all useful?