Forum home Plants

Pulmonaria

B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 22,311

I'm in the process of thinning out pulmonaria which seeds all over the garden. If I hoik out the ones with the boring leaves, will it mean that the seeds from the ones I've left will  produce variegated leaves or is it the luck of the draw.?

In London. Keen but lazy.

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 34,462

I suspect it may be 'luck of the draw'. The unknown factor being the pollinators and whichever variety they have visited in some one else's garden.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 22,311

Oh well. I'll just have to hope the good ones seed in the right place. I don't l them enough to bother moving them if they're not.

Thanks ladybird

• JetmorganJetmorgan Posts: 79
    B3 says:

Oh well. I'll just have to hope the good ones seed in the right place. I don't l them enough to bother moving them if they're not.

Thanks ladybird

See original post

I have a lot of a varigated pulmonaria around my garden that self seeds and always comes up as varigated. You'd be more than welcome to have some of mine if you are ever in the Edenbridge, Kent area. I like it as it gives the bees something early in the spring

• B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 22,311

We pass through edenbridge quite often. You're welcome to mine too!

To be honest, I really only keep them because they look good with the primroses

You're right. The bees love them so I tend to let them hang around longer than I should.

Last edited: 18 June 2016 18:24:10