Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Another terrible mobile site - Crocus

The latest in a series of 'updated' websites to be more 'mobile/tablet friendly', the Crocus website now only allows me to view the horrible mobile version On the iPhone/iPad.  I've complained, at least allow me to view the desktop version like many websites allow, but think I'm stuck.

Why they can't leave things alone - I'm quite capable of pinch and zoom if I want the view larger, seems though the 'professionals' disagree and I'm now stuck with a home view like this, with hardly any info on it and lots of scrolling required (moderators if this picture posting isn't allowed please remove this post):

• ZenjeffZenjeff Posts: 652

Agree  Andy use waitrose garden site who crocus supply old format

• B3B3 Posts: 27,477

I had to stop using M&S site when they changed it. The font they use looks like something off a wedding invitation

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Lena NLena N Posts: 189

Just seen a pop up ad for 20% off at Crocus until midnight Sunday using code 90252

• Agreed, it's horrible! Annoying that it automatically loads on iPad, too, meaning it fills only a narrow strip down the middle of the screen, with blank grey screen either side. If only they'd add an option to view regular rather than mobile site!

• Andy LeedsAndy Leeds Posts: 518

In a few days I'll be chasing them for a response from their IT department.  Not Expecting much tbh.

• Andy LeedsAndy Leeds Posts: 518

Well well, I chased, they replied, I noticed there is now a 'view desktop version' link at the bottom of the page.

Well done Crocus, now there's an example of actually listening to the users.