Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

They must think I'm stupid ????

Someone posted about blue strawberries last week and being a nosey sort I had a quick Google to see what they were on about.

To my surprise I received an email from Amazon this morning image

"Hello Kitty. Are you looking for something in our garden and outdoors store? If so you might be interested in these items."

This was followed by a long list of multi coloured strawberries and other nonexistent plant seeds, all from China judging by the sellers names.

Now I'm used to the pop-up ads being related to products I've been looking at online but felt this was a bit cheeky (pushy beggars). image

What weird items have you been offered following a chat with Mr Google? 

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

What fantasy land are they in?.  I think its about time amazon and ebay sorted out these fraudsters, not encouraged themimage

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,904

I'll often research stuff before I buy it and then I decide what, when and from whom. All done! You'd think.

Next thing you know, for weeks on end, I'm getting ads all over the place advertising the thing I've bought already!!!! 

Stop it. Show me different stuff! I might just go....ooooo I hadn't thought of that! Not....yes I thought of that and dismissed it!

There was a thread on here not long ago from someone who thought they'd bought blue strawberries.

Thank goodness for adblock.

I do my grocery shopping on line and there's always a bit that says, "Based on your purchases we thought you might like these". Are you having a laugh? I would not eat that if I was starving! image

• Kitty 2Kitty 2 Posts: 5,150

Feel sorry for the people who fall for it fidget.

Apparently I could buy 100 seeds of delicious, nutritious fruit for only £1:27 in any colour you could imagine (courtesy of Photoshop)

PP: that's probably the same thread that made me look, too nosey for my own good image

Last edited: 16 June 2016 10:58:23