Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Garden Visits

The following are a selection of photos taken on a trip to visit  the above gardens.  I thought some of you might like to see them.

Sissinghurst

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands

• YviestevieYviestevie Posts: 7,066

Great Dixter

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,904

Absolutely gorgeous Yvistevie. Inspriational!

Scotney Castel,

Joan Bakewell and Frank Skinner were there filming Landscape Artist of the Year

• WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 4,538

Beautiful pictures Yvie,  thanks image I love the purples in the first garden! Looks like everything has had great growing weather as it all looks so lush and green! The castle is stunning as a structure but I prefer the less formal garden of the other two. Glad you had a lovely time, thanks for sharing! image

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

Beautiful Yvie. That white wisteria is superb.  The antirrhinums at Great Dixter are like soldiers standing to attention.

SW Scotland
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,663
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Missy KrissyMissy Krissy Posts: 249

Wow!  Totally fabulous photos!  These three are on my list to visit this summer, pouring over these pics whilst enjoying my coffee this morning has made me even more  excited to go!  imageimageimage

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

I love them all apart from the anthirrhinums.  

Devon.

Glad you enjoyed the photos.  I had an amazing few days and would recommend all three gardens. I know we shouldn't advertise but I can also recommend the place I stayed if anyone is thinking of going.  A very small B&B called Chandlers in Battle.  They only have 3 rooms and it is extremely handy for all three gardens and very reasonable. 

Oops its Chantlers not Chandlers.