Tiny Plants

I have strict rules for my garden design

1. will it survive up north

2. can I eat it

3. will nature like it

4. if inside will it thrive on neglect 

So I don't know how I ended up buying these tiny dainty pots the size of tea cups I have no idea.

Can anyone suggest a fun fairy sized plant that might do well in them?

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

So it seems the only watch Gardeners World will let me post an image of the pots is if it shows the definately not 5mb details! Silly computer.

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 27,200

Teeny little cacti or succulents but they only qualify for Rule 4 with a tenuous leaning towards Rule 3. Teeny violas and teeny hostas.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 28,021

A fairy sized plant Clari.....I'd never fit in there....image image

Saxifrages and sempervivums would be my suggestions. They don't look that small though - are they really tea cup sized? image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

Fairygirl: the blue thing in front is the fairy clothes washing liquid measuring "thing" (I tried to use a tennis ball but some one with four legs walked off with it).

*hits google* Oooh I like your ideas Fairy. I have a sexifrage in a pot already (couldn't decide which one to get grandfather so brought two and let them live in the garden for a couple of weeks til I made my mind up!) 

Ladybird; I have three cacti in a glass bowl type pot in the bedroom that size wise would fit perfectly! (thry looked lovely when I first planted but now I'm not so sure) thank you for the idea. I greet them every morning but didn't think of them. Some thick gloves and rehoming might be in order ;) 

hmm... now I have a glass bowl that needs a feature.

Agh!

Fill your glass bowl with marbles. They look very nice. image

pssst where can I get a sexifrage????

ha ha! I don't even want to know my thumbs were thinking when I mistyped that! image

What's worse is the gent at the garden centre where I sourced my original saxifrage isn't even my type.