Forum home The potting shed

Someone's stolen 'Talkback'

KT53KT53 GloucestershirePosts: 7,549

As the title says, Talkback has disappeared.  Has it been merged with another Forum or aren't we allowed to talk back any more?

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Derbyshire but with a Nottinghamshire postcode. Posts: 16,470

I always thought that talkback was odd. It needed  a connection to the original article so that we knew what the original poster was talking back about.  They always seem like random comments.

• Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,150

I thought the same as fidget that "TalkBack" was where people made comment on an article they had read in the main bit of the website (not the forum).

And yes they were really random without the original topic for reference image

• KT53KT53 GloucestershirePosts: 7,549

I don't think Talkback was ever used for its intended purpose, but just removing it without warning or explanation seems odd.

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,234

They're doing all sorts of tinkering in the background KT53. The picture uploading thing all changed yesterday too.

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,869

I was always slightly irritated by those pointless threads of unconnected comments. I don't think most of the posters knew they appeared on a forum, they thought they were speaking to the writer of the article.

• Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,150

image lol nut. 

I saw some of those too. "Hello Monty, can you tell me how to........"  

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,869

image yes Kitty