Forum home Wildlife gardening

My poppies out but is it pattys plum?

sols as pattys plum but it's almost coral in colour think it was different last year as well. Keep thinking it's just the rain but dont think that's the case today 

sorry this his should be under plants

Last edited: 13 June 2016 09:06:15

• GrannybeeGrannybee Sunny South EnglandPosts: 299

It looks like my Patty's Plum. I find it fades to a scruffy pink after a few days. I mis-read your sentence to read 'underpants' - tee hee!

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,234

Meely I love your garden. It makes me want to rush out and plant a hedge!! image

As for the poppy....who cares? It's gorgeous.

You might find it'll change slightly. My Gallery Red lupins came up very pink and darkened after a day or two. 

• MeelyMeely Posts: 79

Ha it's too early in the morning. Ok that's interesting it looks the same of yours the colour in the photo is pretty accurate as well. Well this is just out so I don't hold much hope for colour in a couple of days! I couldn't honestly say it looks very plum though. 

Ha ironically the lupins are fine loving those, colour hasn't changed at all.  The hedge has been in for 50-70 years it was a lovely established garden but this bed has been pretty much totally replanted. Il try and post a photo of the first summer when I have a moment we have been here 6 1/2 years now. 

Gosh just noticed I say ha a lot hope thats not annoying people image

• CeresCeres Posts: 2,149

Green with envy. That bed looks soooooooo beautiful.

Thank you Ceres that's a very kind thing to say. It's by no means perfect but of course I don't photograph those bits image

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 28,545

My Patty's Plum is much more purpley and dusky but who cares?  That's a gorgeous poppy and works well with the other colours - both flowers and foliage.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I do because you pay more for a named one! But yes it is nice. I really want a beauty of livermere i had one before but builders dug it up, it just lasted better and I loved the height. Sorry I'm going to stop going on about it now, I've got a bugbear obviously!