Forum home The potting shed

Gardening Crafters

• FlyfiferFlyfifer Posts: 164

Well done you.imageimage very theraputic thing a cup  of tea.

• Pat EPat E Posts: 8,985

Hazel, I've just got going this morning and read that you've worked it out. Just as well that someone was able to help you because I would have needed to ask Hubby. I'm glad it worked.

S. E. NSW

Swisssue, we're 9 hours ahead, so what I do is add 3 hours and reverse the am/pm for mental gymnastics of what time you are. Eg 4pm here is 7am there. image

S. E. NSW

Dog coat I knitted for a friend. 

S. E. NSW
  • philippasmith2philippasmith2 Posts: 8,893

Can't compete with the knitting I'm afraid but I enjoyed growing, drying and decorating these Bottle Gourds.

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,532

I do knitting,but started sewing again.Don't know if you can see them property

I did one without sleeves

The collar was tricky and do button holes by hand

i also made a skirt with elasticated waist

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,234

You do the button holes by hand?!?!?! That's dedication! They're very pretty logan. I remember when I started to sew someone saying "if you can make a blouse, you can make anything". Well done you. Do you watch the sewing bee? I wouldn't miss it. I have no TV but it's the one programme I watch on iPlayer. image

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,532

Pp

Thankyou

Yes I do watch the sewing bee,that's why I started again.There's a small shop in the town that sells every thing for sewing and knitting image

I love the gourds. How hard was it to dry and decorate them?

Very impressive sewing, too. Those frills must have been complicated to get even. I only do basic sewing, but that looks complicated.

S. E. NSW
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 21,628

I watch the Sewing Bee and sit there mostly horrified at the projects they come up with.   Why, in today's world of machines that thread their own needle would you want to set a challenge using 60s machines that can barely do zigzag and PVC macks as a transformation project?  Why the transformations in the first place?

From the first series, why, if you can sew something that fits from the start, would you bother transforming an oversize t-shirt into anything other than dusting cloths or just wear it for gardening or decorating? 

Having said that, anything that starts people sewing again instead of buying crap from Primark has to be a good thing.   I just wish they did styles that appeal to younger people like Possum.

Have to wonder what on earth Esme was wearing for the 60s programme but love chappy with his sharp suits and wry comments and willingness to be quirked.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw