Forum home The potting shed

Gardening Crafters

1626364656668»

• YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 5,598
    Lovely @cassie.a.stewart .  I usually make one for the front door.  There's a knitted daffodil one up at the moment. 
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 14,872
    You are all so skilful. My make is much simpler, cushions for the breakfast room chairs, to match the curtain and a cushion for a garden bench with the rest of the foam and the rest of the landing curtain material.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Lovely @cassie.a.stewart .  I usually make one for the front door.  There's a knitted daffodil one up at the moment. 
    That sounds lovely and cosy! 
  • JacquimcmahonJacquimcmahon Paris FrancePosts: 508
    Oh I love the bench! I’ve been thinking of making new cushions for our outside furniture but it will have to wait as I want thick foam as the current ones are one inch deep but after several years are pretty flat! Perhaps when some more shops open......
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 21,884
    Time to wake up this thread again now that nights are drawing in.

Last Monday I showed the ladies at Patch club how to do Quilt As you Go where scraps of fabric are attached directly to the wadding and you build up the "pattern" as you go.  It's a good way to use up odd ends and can be formal stripes, bands, squares or "crazy".  I used a floral motif from a scrap to show the crazy method and then scratched my head about what to do with it.  Solution?  A shoulder bag.

Bit tricky as I had no pattern but pleased with the results.

Now to get to grips with a Convergence Quilt - homework for machine patch class in November.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Pat EPat E Posts: 9,115
    I’m very impressed with your idea Obelixx. He bag will be very handy as well. 

You could carry a chook in that! 😳😃
    S. E. NSW