Forum home The potting shed

Gardening Crafters

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 21,884

Some cracking stuff here.   Love the sedum pictures and the bird feeder.  I've been collecting a few over-sized wine and fizz bottles to make a still to be dreamed up water feature but I think bird feeders are the way to go.   That bench from a  bed is inspired too.

Do you sell those walking sticks?  They are so smart and elegant.

Hazel - I love the stitch on the blanket.   Can I find it on the internet?

What a clever lot of people.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • FlyfiferFlyfifer Posts: 164

Obelix I don't sell them but get a lot of satisfaction and pleasure making them and giving them to family and friends I feel that once you start selling stuff it ceases to be a hobby

Last edited: 14 June 2016 11:23:54

• Pat EPat E Posts: 9,114

I think I need to keep this thread going because a couple of others have said they might put some on (where are you Wonky and Obelixx?) image

S. E. NSW
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,663
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 6,272

Ooh, Hazel - that looks nice and straightforward!  Definitely a knitting-in-front-of-the-telly pattern.  image  Thanks for posting it.

"The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • sanjy67sanjy67 Posts: 1,007
    Hazel -- says:

Obelixx, the baby blanket pattern is out of a very old knitting book so I have so not sure if it's on the internet. Here it is though if it's any good :

COT BLANKET

Cast on 143 stitches.

Knit 10 rows.

Now work in pattern as follows:

1st row: K5* k2tog.. y.fwd; repeat from * to last 6 stitches. k6

2nd row: As 1st row

3rd row: All knit

4th row: All knit.

Repeat these 4 rows 73 times ( or for as long as you want the blanket).

k8 rows.

Cast off.

Enjoy!!!

See original post

ooh thanks hazel! i didn't think it would be as easy as that, i will give it a go for my soon to be born grand daughter, what type of wool, knitting needle size & how many balls roughly please? x

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 21,884

Thanks Hazel.  That'll be a project for next winter as we all have enough scarves now.  I only started knitting winter before last because I had to give up fine embroidery and refuse to do larger gauge tent stitch tapestries with wool.  

Loe that knitted gilet with matching gloves Pat.

I've completed my first attempt at reverse appliqué which has become a table runner -  mirror image leaf thingies.    Lots of ideas burbling in the back of my head for this technique.

No new projects form me for a while.  I need to concentrate on finishing Possum's table mats and getting my garden ready for my garden group's visit on the 28th so limited sewing time now and I'm promised some dry weather!   After that I'll be on furniture painting and attic sorting when I'm not gardening.   

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • FlyfiferFlyfifer Posts: 164

One from my OH she was a very keen active gardener in her younger more able days. she a is self taught artist and paints in water, acrylic and oils, this one is an acrylic of our GSD Mick painted in 1998. we lost him in 1999.

the likeness to life is so good it could be a photograph,

One or two more stick handle