Gardening Crafters

• FlyfiferFlyfifer Posts: 164

Spring summer and autumn my main hobby is gardening but winter I get set up in my shed and make walking/hiking sticks.

Buffalo horn handle   carved beech handle   red deer antler     ash knob handles                       sika deer handle      

on chestnut stick       on hazel stick               on hazel stick       on twisted willow sticks              on hazel stick

image   image   image         image                     image

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 5,598

Those are beautiful, Flyfifer.  What a talented lot you are!

"The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,663
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FlyfiferFlyfifer Posts: 164

Hazel  --  when I first made sticks my OH asked what i wanted a stick for my answer was for when i get old and infirm to which she replied then you had better start using it, and me only 27.

• Pat EPat E Posts: 8,431

Wow, they're amazing. I'm glad I started this thread.

Joybell, I've never thought of using bark, but what a good idea, and so clever to think of shapes to cut them into.

Doghouse Riley, I'm impressed with the jewellery your wife makes, and such a good pass time for her

Hazel, your crochet is so neat and even. I'm hopeless at crochet.

Flyfifer, what can I say! You're a professional. They are really beautiful.

id better post this before I go back a page. I might lose it otherwise.

S. E. NSW

Obelixx, lovely work on the tapestry. I hope yourHubbybwas suitably impressed. image

S. E. NSW

Hello Edd. I wondered where you were. Alls well here except for freezing nights and heavy frosts in the mornings image. Oh, and also Internet and telephone problems. There is talk about the NBN (National Broadband Network) being promised to our district, but it's mucking up our existing systems. I think one lot don't know what the other lot are up to with getting ready for the changeover. We are expecting a technician today to tell us if we will be suitable for NBN or not. image.

anyway, have a good sleep.

S. E. NSW
  • plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,234

You just reminded me doghouse...I do a bit of that as well. image I should have remembered, I'm wearing some of my own creations right now! 

Those walking sticks are something else flyfifer. FG's walking mates'll be after some of that action! image

• treehugger80treehugger80 Posts: 1,910

sedum frames

orchid wall hangers

green roofed bird feeder

lettuce troughs

air plant growing frame

I can't take credit for any of theses, these are my wife-to-be's creations

• sanjy67sanjy67 Posts: 1,007

image heres the arm knitted scarf

image some bunting i made image

image a windchime  i made from shells i collected in malaysia, just noticed one of it's strands has fallen off, also got one in my bathroom

these are garden things i 'crafted'

image this is my strawberry planter i made out of off cuts of sleepers and pallets, it has alpines hanging out of where the pebbles are and a bug hotel underneath.

image my lettuce planter, made from old pallets

image my 'shabby chic' bench made from a single bed

image  my herb hanging garden, made from a garden gate and pots hung with wire

image my large planters on wheels made from pallets, i can move them around as and when i like, i have five, 1x for rhubarb, 2x with bamboo screening 1x flower filled & 1x used as a cold frame at the mo.

this is my next project, i have collected 9 doors so far, just need a dry day to start painting them