Forum home The potting shed

Gardening Crafters

• B3B3 Posts: 13,290

That's an option I supposeimage

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 20,547

I've never been a knitter and find knitted clothes make me itchy anyway but your pocket dolls and trews look like fun.   I have taken to knitting scarves in winter for OH and Possum, just for something to do when watching TV since my eyesight is no longer good enough for small gauge cross stitch.   

OH is a tiger (Chinese horoscope) so, many years ago I did him this

He's from Worcester so I did this

My patchwork projects started as a quilt for our bedroom using the Contrary Wife block but I couldn't get the points to match so took myself off to classes to learn the trick and there I've been required to different blocks to practise piecing - some are here along with one of the blue place mats, a red and cream block for a cushion cover and a crafty fabric picture of irises.

http://s211.photobucket.com/user/Obelixx_be/library/?sort=2&page=1 

I have another 4 of the pinkish blocks to do to make a wall hanging - and this month's class project is reverse appliqué which I can do by machine.  I'll let you know how that works out.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,663
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,234

That's lovely Hazel. Beautifully neat and uniform. 

• JoybellJoybell Posts: 124

imageI love those trousers, a new fashion for gardeners, made me smile.

Beautiful knitting and cross stitch, and  I wish I could paint like that.

I do try to do something when I'm sort of watching the TV

I make bark pictures, collect it from the trees in the garden and cut it out to make pictures, it keeps me amused.

• sanjy67sanjy67 Posts: 1,007

a few months ago i tried arm knitting, takes 30 minutes to knit a double length scarf, you literally use your arms as the needles, i deleted the photos from my phone today as was having a clear out but will post a pic tomorrow. also made bunting (also deleted) i shall take some pics tomo 

HaHa joybell those are great. Really original!

I've seen pictures of that sanjy. It looks amazing....and also a bit of a workout!

• sanjy67sanjy67 Posts: 1,007

love the bark pictures & loved cellular blanks when my boys were little :)

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,663
    The user and all related content has been deleted.