Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

New RHS Flower Show in 2017: Chatsworth

7-11 June 2017, a new flower show at Chatsworth in Derbyshire, which promises to be different. More info here:-

https://www.rhs.org.uk/shows-events/rhs-chatsworth-flower-show/A-very-different-kind-of-show 

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 12,566

Just wondered if anyone has received their show guide yet? I am in two minds as to whether to order it in advance image

• KatfishKatfish Posts: 56

Ordered it in advance but not received it yet.

Thanks Katfish image

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

I have received the tickets , but not the show guide.

Thanks fidgetbones - I know it might sound daft, but part of me thinks if I order it in advance I'm tempting fate image and we won't make it !

On the other hand, as it's a new show it might be useful to have some idea of the layout.....

• ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 4,546

I bought my tickets last weekend, not many available, several days were already sold out. I guess they will keep a quota for people to turn up on the day.

There is a lot of info available on the RHS Chatsworth website, so you can decide your priorities. Thiink I will need my walking shoes though, it looks to be a large site!

• I attended this show yesterday and it was AMAZING!

OK ... there were some issues with getting onto site, because the previous days bad weather caused water-logging on the carparks, and that meant it was slow for cars to get on.

My advice for anyone still to go ... as it's started raining again in Derbyshire, get yourself to Baslow and walk in from there.  It's a short, and very lovely, walk. 

Or, use the free shuttles that are being provided from Rowsley, Bakewell, Pilsley, Baslow and Edensor (BASICALLY AVOID THE CAR PARKS).

The show organisers immediately announced longer opening hours yesterday, and an email has already been sent by SeeTickets, telling people what to do if they didn't actually make it, or if they missed restaurant bookings.

That said, the show was far superior to ANY OTHER show I have ever been to.  I'm a regular at Tatton and a big fan of Southport.  The layout and the content were outstanding, and all of those involved with the organisation (both on the day and in the planning of the show) should be congratulated.

I saw some of the most fascinating and beautiful show gardens I have ever seen.

Massive thumbs up from me!

• Also, wellies or walking boots are definitely needed! 

And, go steady near the edges of the walkways. 

The waterlogged ground below the walkways has dropped away in places, making a step you don't expect ... and I did see a couple of people take a tumble.

FINALLY DOGS ARE ALLOWED!! (Not just assistance dogs.)   image

The hard copy Show Guide says that they are, but the RHS Website doesn't mention it.  So, I emailed the RHS and asked for clarification.

The reply was that they are trialling allowing dogs to this show, and they are allowed in all covered areas, excluding the restaurants. (They are also allowed on the Shuttle Buses.)

I was also speaking to someone there who told me the RHS are considering letting dogs into their main gardens in the future sometime.  Lets hope they go for it.  My dog loves gardening almost as much as me!

If anyone needs anymore info, please feel free to ask.

I will also be publishing a full review very soon at www.meadownookcottage.co.uk

One last thing ... a map of the site, for those of you who didn't order a Show Guide in advance.

Have fun everyone!

xxxx