How much for automatic gate

Hi all.

Last year my wife asked me to install for our possesion a automatic gate opener. That was a hard fight and i lost it just now so I'm here asking for some help with this. 

I'm looking for some very very safe system (got 2 small kids 6, 4 <3 ) that is also not so slow. My gate got 4,5 meter and about 250 kg weight. I cannot weigth it good but MAX 300 kg. I dont want to spend more than 800 euro :/ And i will try to install it myself with my dad.

Anyone can help? 

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,622

I'd move somewhere less dangerous .

Devon.
  • 123Rowen123Rowen Posts: 9

Ok so maybe this post will help anyone

That's gate to my household. I was considering to change mechanism from sliding to swing but guy from shop say that's totaly bad idea ;o. At all i bought FAAC 746 with 5 meters of steel rack (http://www.botech-shop.com/faac-746/441-faac-746-er-z16-sliding-gate-motor-kit-m-5901698646561.html) . I wanted to spend 800 euros and spend more than 1200 -_-. After all i bought set for 1000 euro with photo beams to ensure the safety (ofc i needed to buy also post for them 40 euro for one -_-). Time of opening gate is like 30 second but anyway the problem is only when you want to get in. 

Anyway i wanted to install it with my dad but we needed to have a help a proffesional installer for like 150 $ Euro... It's not possible to install it by yourself cuz there's a little bit of typical electrical stuff insiade control board of opener.

So finall cost was like 1000 euro for set + 150 installer + 40 post + 10 shipping. 

I'm not sure that i didnt a pay to much but i want to end this case quick. If anyone got any question i will try to help as much as i can. 

Last edited: 15 June 2016 09:52:39

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,149

DO YOU LIVE IN A PRISON?

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • 123Rowen123Rowen Posts: 9

I like privacy ;o