Forum home Plants

hosta

B3B3 Posts: 11,534

This hosta I bought recently seems to have gone straight to flower without passing GO!

Does this mean that I won't get any  more leaves this year?

In London. Keen but lazy.

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,234

I know my weeds tend to go to flower and seed when I spray them. Maybe it's stressed. Get it planted and fed quick quick just in case.

But I really don't know. image

• B3B3 Posts: 11,534

It's staying in the pot. I potted it one size up when I got it a few weeks ago. It will get even more stressed if I plant it out as slug foodimage

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,830

Take the flowering spike out.  I don't let any of mine flower until they're several years old and have bulked up. 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

OK Dove, thanks.

Who knew???? I have four babies sitting waiting in the nursery so I'll have to remember that.

I must admit I'm not too keen on any flowers I've seen in the past  - wishy washy pinky lilac jobs. But there may be nicer ones.

Last edited: 30 May 2016 12:11:00

Not a favourite of mine either B3 but en masse they can be quite impressive.

My Pampas grass is that colour too....as was the whole interior of this house when I moved in.  image And some of the roses....and azaleas! Good old Rosie. She was a lovely lady but she loved her lilacs! image

Maybe lilac was the old magnoliaimage

I can still remember my joy when I painted over the last square inch of it. There was footballer stylee celebrations round the bedroom.....until I was tidying a while later and spotted the bit behind the radiator above the skirting. image

It wasn't unlike the background for this forum in fact!!!

Last edited: 30 May 2016 12:55:58

We had sky blue paint but only one coat and rosy, Royal Albert  -type borders everywhere. Fortunately, they peeled off very easily. Oh, I forgot the bathroom which had olive painted tongue and groove on the ceilingimage