The blue 'Privacy settings' box in the bottom right corner is a new legal requirement under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). It can’t be dismissed or hidden as the idea is that it must be easy to access at all times should you wish to change your settings.

Is this the nymph of this beauty?

imageimage Hope you can make out the first photo of a dragonfly nymph. Does anyone know if this  the adult version. I've googled dragonfly identification and think the adult is a broad bodied chaser. But there are too many types to be sure.

• OnopordumOnopordum Posts: 390

I agree with your ID. Broad-bodied Chaser is very common in garden ponds. The males are blue and can easily be seen perching and patrolling over the pond. Yours is a female. The nymphs are hairy and live buried in the bottom mud with only the eyes/antennae visible, so they're always very dirty looking.

• yarrow2yarrow2 Posts: 727

Wow!  I had no idea a dragonfly nymph looked like your first pic.  (I need to scrutinise Attenborough programmes I think to catch up on these things).  Brilliant to see these Gillian 53.