Forum home The potting shed

Shan't be using Crocus again

I ordered a rose on the 22nd May from Crocus; I had notification on the 24th that it had been shipped. The order tracking sent to me said 'consignment not recognised'. Two days later, it still said this, so I emailed them at customer services to ask why and find out when it would be arriving. They didn't reply. So I emailed the orders email this morning (over 24 hours after not receiving a reply), stressing that no-one had got back to me yesterday and I needed this resolved as it was a relatively high value live plant. No response, again.

So, I just ended up ringing them, only to be told, 'there's no-one who can deal with that today'. Apparently they are gong to 'pass on a message' to the relevant department to arrange to get another one shipped, but they had no idea on when they might get back to me. 

So, the upshot is that I am fuming and certainly won't be using them again!

Last edited: 27 May 2016 16:08:53

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 31,360

Thank you for sharing that geum. I shall certainly avoid them too. I have browsed their site but thought them a bit pricey.

i

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 31,360

Don't know how that sneaky little 'i' got in my post!

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • MuddyForkMuddyFork North HampshirePosts: 435

They will all be at Chelsea this week asthey supply a lot of the plants.  I have always had good plants from them in the past.

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,234

The night stock that we were all admiring yesterday is available from crocus. I might think twice now before ordering from them. Thanks geum.

• Oh dear, I have to say I regularly order from them without any hiccups except one which they resolved as soon as possible when I got in touch ... 

• I know they are at Chelsea, but such a big company surely can still operate in the admin department during the week? 

When the woman on the phone said the earliest anyone could ring me about it was tomorrow, I said that I was working all day (wedding photographe, very long hours) and so wouldn't be able tI discuss it then. She was super grumpy with me then, as if I was being difficult :/

Last edited: 27 May 2016 19:00:45

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 3,067

I used to use crocus all the time but after a few incidents including small plants and poor delivery now think they are over rated.

I don't believe they deploy their admin and customer service dept to Chelsea either, the truth is only sales are available after hours.

Another nursery tried to impress me with the Chelsea excuse in the past and I haven't ordered from them since eitherimage

I've got to the stage where I check the courier and if it's Hermes I don't order! I've had deliveries by them to two addresses and they have both been unmitigated disasters. I would happily pay the extra to have the items delivered to me and not half the district.

It's not in stock at Hayloft but I've found a three for two on RHS plants which means the p+p isn't quite so eyewatering. They call it night phlox. I don't know where I got stock from. Cross eyed!

• I think RHS plants and crocus are the same, aren't they?