Forum home The potting shed

First bites of the year

• MynxMynx Posts: 101

Had a holiday in Scotland Fairygirl and the lady that ran the campsite always kept that handy for us poor sassenachs who had no idea what to do image.

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 50,243

Ah 'the midge' - it's our secret weapon Mynx .....image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • B3B3 Posts: 24,453

I was a bridesmaid with a face like a pizza having been midged  the night before.

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Posts: 35,795

Take Brewers Yeast tablets daily. Allegedly the smell puts off bitey things. Sorry I have no empirical evidence of this.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable

Brewers yeast and jbl and something from Avon  - is it that stuff with the great smell of brute. If so, I'd rather get bit.

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,234

Brewers yeast doesn't work. I've tried it.image The Avon stuff is actually quite a pleasant smell and stops you looking like a pizza! Needs must when the critters drive B3.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 82,740

The Avon stuff really works. I was a real Midge Magnet and swelled up horribly with pustules lasting for days until I got Avon's Skin so Soft Lotion. 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,234

Thanks Dove. Splash it all over 'Enry,....I mean B3

Nobody ding dongs at my door so I'll see if I can get it online

Ordered some on Amazon. Maybe I can go down the end of the garden after midday nowimage