Forum home Talkback

Chelsea Flower Show

EsspeeEsspee Posts: 272

Why did they ruin a lovely programme by giving so much time to a non gardener?  

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,234

Get on the So.....Chelsea thread with this one Esspee. image That'll start them all off!!!

• KT53KT53 Posts: 4,507

I'll start the countdown to the explosion re waffling non-gardeners on the show.  10, 9, 8.....

Sorry can't wait for the rest of the countdown.  I agree totally.  "Publicity seeking luvvie wastes precious time on CFS programmes" doesn't have much of a ring to it as a headline though.

• EsspeeEsspee Posts: 272

While I certainly don't admire his dress sense (or his make up) it was his previous lack of interest in gardens and gardening which irritated me.  I will say he has great legs but I don't watch gardening programmes to comment on people's personal appearance.

• I think an artist' viewpoint was actually very insightful and refreshing. Plus, just becaude he doesn't actually get his hands dirty in the garden himself, that doesn't make his views any less valid, surely? He seemed genuinely interested in not only the designs, but the underlying concepts behind our need to garden, and actually seemed pretty clued up on plants. More than me, for sure :)