Forum home The potting shed

So......Chelsea!

The user and all related content has been deleted.

• Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,150

image  Yeah Hazel. 

BBC one episode was a waste of space tonight, too many clebs just enjoying a free day out and a chance to be on telly.

Didn't mind Jo Whiley (DJ Lady) so much as on BBC 2 she seemed to have more of an interest in gardening (politely cursing the ground elder in her garden)

Low points, Joe Swift and Jennie Bond gushing about the queen, not enough plants and Monty's Ill fitting suit.

Last edited: 23 May 2016 22:37:34

• B3B3 Posts: 15,018

I don't care what a Z - list sleb thinks about their garden.

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • royd63kroyd63k Posts: 63

Agree Carol Kleins clothes were eye boggling awful.

I quite liked dermots design until the trees moved!!!

we know it was the Queens birthday !!!!

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 8,546

Sorry, I disagree.

Yes there are some gardens I don't like, but also some that are very beautiful / amusing.

The BBC cover it not just because it is about gardens, but because it is a show, and many of the watching public, want to see the celebs. 

Did they tear it out with talons of steel
    And give you a shot, so that you wouldn't feel?
    And washed it away as if it wasn't real?
  • My biggest complaint is about the hideous b̶a̶c̶k̶g̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ foreground music they insist on playing. Why would anyone want music when they are looking around a garden, especially the jazz with drums and cymbals?

Someone should tell the producer that gardening is supposed to be peaceful and relaxing!

• It would seem over the last few years Chelsea has been reduced to a mere c'leb parade!

As a member of the watching public interested in gardening I'd rather see well designed gardens and interesting plants than Vanessa Feltz enjoying a freebie day out.

If I want to view the vacuous lives of celebs I can chose to follow it in the tabloids.

If Chelsea follows the way of fashion design in the name of art it will end up like Vivien Westwood, with no relevance to us ordinary gardeners creating our own little bit of paradise in our own back yard punk doc. 

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 8,546

I find there are plenty of ideas to take away from all over the show, that we can use in our own piece of paradise.

Did they tear it out with talons of steel
    And give you a shot, so that you wouldn't feel?
    And washed it away as if it wasn't real?

Ooh punk doc: you took out your comment about the smaller gardens being an artistic coment.

Makes my Westwood reference look stoopid. image