Forum home The potting shed

Chelsea 2016 coverage.

So Chelsea has kicked off.

Just watched episode 2 of BBC's coverage and we're already heavily bombarded with repeated content from YESTERDAYS EPISODE.

I do get rather pissed off having to sit through the same segments and 'highlights' over and over and over again.

Towards the end of the week , I'm usually sick to death of the constant retreads.

I've not checked to see if there's other threads on the subject- too much tedious scrolling.

Last edited: 23 May 2016 17:52:36

• YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 5,660

Just watching the first episode of coverage.  I agree, considering how much there is to see at chelsea we do tend to get shown the same bit over and over again.  We'll just have to see how it goes this year.

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • Just watching it now...

I don't mind if they repeat anything about the Birmingham City Council Garden with Willard Wigan, I could look at him all day image

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,165

I thought last year they'd moved away from the constant revisits to the same gardens.

I hope they don't go back to picking the same handful of gardens and showing them endlessly.

Devon.
  • darren636darren636 Posts: 666

Episode 3

The 'celebrities' made me cringe and dissapear down the back of my sofa

Half of them I don't even recognise.

But at least it didn't start with 6 minutes of repeat content.

Mr motivator puts in a spurious appearance.

Lots of hystrionics that just look silly.

Yeah, really could do without the celeb angle- its sad.

Last edited: 24 May 2016 08:34:58

• GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,439

Watch 2 programmes and liking it so far 

Love Dermots revolving garden , funimage

The French garden is stunning.

• Aster2Aster2 Posts: 629

They do seem to repeat shots of the same view of the same gardens. I do wish they'd stop panning and just show a view for a while. And I do wish they'd add a plant name each time they show a close-up. And I do wish they'd show more plants and fewer "celebrities". That said, I'm enjoying watching on the iPlayer and fast-forwarding as necessary.

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 8,530

Fun is the word GWRS. In his brief, he apparently said, that the aim was an eccentric garden, that would make people smile. It worked for me.

Did they tear it out with talons of steel
    And give you a shot, so that you wouldn't feel?
    And washed it away as if it wasn't real?

Lots of fast forwarding!

God bless iPlayer

Oooh, 

Episode 5, medals time

And we get to re- watch the clip about Clive west rummaging around in the hills 

Last edited: 24 May 2016 19:44:13