Forum home Plants

Plant identity

wakeshinewakeshine Posts: 967

imageI bought 6 potted perrenials from a Wowcher deal (sent by Dobies) but this one had no label...any ideas? 

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 34,479

Hi there. It could be one of the campanulas but I am not sure. Once it flowers it will be easier to identify.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,453

Is the stem 'square-ish'? 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Looks a little like lemon balm, do the leaves smell when you pinch them?

• wakeshinewakeshine Posts: 967

Thanks.

Nutcracker, Yes the leaves do smell slightly when pinched. Is it going to be invasive if it's a type of mint?

Dove, I'm not sure if the stem is square. 

Could it be any of these, which are what the deal said I could recieve (it was a lucky dip): Agastache Liquorice Blue, Astilbe Astary Mixed, Campanula, Geum Koi, Helenium Autumnale, Lavender Hidcote, Lupin Gallery, Penstemon Electric Blue, Salvia Patio Sky Blue, Scabiosa Deep Blue, Verbena Bonariensis, Digitalis.

That said I received some which were not on that list as I got Dierama blackberry bells and Lewisia elisia so this unlabelled one could be somethinng else. 

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,567

If it's one of those plants listed and the leaves smell it will be the agastache.

nutcutlet says:

If it's one of those plants listed and the leaves smell it will be the agastache.

See original post

Thank you! I looked at some pics, it must be this! If its a type of mint do you think it could become invasive? we have kept our mint plants separately in pots because they spread around the garden. 

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,567

agastache isn't a mint. it's just in a huge family that includes mint.

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 20,593

It is probably an Agastache  foeniculum  I have grown them from seeds this year.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

Thanks!