Forum home Talkback

Not a good day today

Firstly a little blue tit sadly flew straight at our window, and there was nothing that I could do to save it.

Secondly I had a terrible time at the doctors, I am okay but they do not listen to you. And they can belittle you sometimes, well that is how I feel.

And thirdly between the doctors and going to Homebase, I have lost my phone. I am gutted to say the least, as it had all of my lovely pictures on it of my garden and the flowers. Also more precious to me are the pictures of one of my cats that we sadly lost in February.

Nothing that I can do about any of these things, just have to grin and bare it I suppose.

Have a lovely weekend gardening everyone. image

• Shrinking VioletShrinking Violet Posts: 1,128

Oh, Jacqueline29 that is so sad.  It's hard to find any sunshine when you have a rotten day.  But perhaps someone will find your phone and hand it in to the police?  there are good people out there, and that may be worth checking tomorrow.

I'm afraid that doctors do sometimes seem to talk down to you.  But I guess if everyone you saw each day presented with a problem, you'd not always be as positive and as helpful as you ought to be.  What's it they say?  "Walk a mile in my shoes . . . . ."  But I'm glad you're OK, though.

Poor blue tit.  It happens, unfortunately.  I think they don't realise that the glass is there. 

You don't have to just grin and bear it alone, though.  This forum is full of helpful people.

SV

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,234

There are pics of your lovely cat on here J. Save them quickly in case they get lost. Maybe it'll turn up. There are still some nice people out there.

I'm sorry you've had such a rotten day and hope that tomorrow will be better for you.

• Jacqueline29Jacqueline29 Posts: 355

Thank you shrinking violet and plant pauper, as they say tomorrow is another day. I feel exhausted today so I think I will turn in now.

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,575

Sorry to hear you had all those things happen in one day. Your phone may turn up, it's worth checking with police.

always remember when you need to go to the doctor that he wouldn't have a job if it wasn't for you.

heres you're gorgeous cat.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,616

I had a bit of a day of it yesterday too,  so sharing ((hugs))  - let's hope for a brighter day today image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• KT53KT53 Posts: 4,500

They say things happen in 3's so hopefully it all up from here. image

My missus called me to say a sparrow had flown into the conservatory and was "dead on the washing basket" after flying into the window.  I went to investigate and there is was, on its back with its legs in the air (quite literally).  The only thing that suggested it wasn't dead was that it was blinking!  As I tried to pick it up, it managed to free itself from the washing, and flew into the window again.  It then fell behind the furniture and didn't move.  As I had to get the missus to work I left it where it was, planning to remove it on my return.

I got back, and no sign of 'dead' bird where it had fallen.  The conservatory doors were locked so it couldn't have go out.  I opened the doors to provide an escape route and gently started moving furniture.  Finally a brown flash appeared, and this time thankfully found space rather than another window.

Happy ending, although it must have had one heck of a headache.

I have a little box permanently on stand by for just such emergencies. I lift the bird straight into the box and straight into a dark cupboard where they can recover quietly without fear of disturbance.

A pair of bullfinches came to grief on my sunroom windows last year. She was killed outright but he was just badly stunned. When I went to let him out a while later he'd escaped form the box and was sitting on the shelf looking at me! 

• Jacqueline29Jacqueline29 Posts: 355

Morning everyone, you have made me feel a lot better after your lovely kind comments, and thank you so much Lyn for thinking of me and posting the picture of my cat on your comments.

I used to work for a charity whereby I was the sole person on a helpline, dealing with very difficult calls. After ten years sadly I had to leave as it affected my health, as I had no help myself. Anyway I had to be strong for the families concerned, which I was. When it comes to me though and any of my own problems I had a melt down like yesterday. It does not happen very often I hasten to add.

Thank you for your support you lovely people. It's a new day today so best foot forwards.

I am also going to the Chelsea flower show this week, so that will certainly make me feel better. For any of you that are going as well, have a lovely time.

And loads of presents....don't forget the presents image

It's the rule. Everyone who goes to Chelsea has to bring everyone else a consolation prize.

It's the rule.image